- User Setting Form:
You may now request for changes to be made to your account settings (specifically forwarding and autoreply settings) by sending an email to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com. By sending any kind of email to any of these addresses, the system will reply back to you a form. To make changes to your setting, you can reply back to this email and fill in the necessary details in the form. Once the system has accepted your reply and saved the changes you have made, the system will send you a confirmation email. Should your changes failed to be saved (maybe due to incorrect data from you), then you will also receive an email indicating the mistake that you have made. SMTP: No more duplicate mails due to existence in multiple aliases: It is possible that your email address is a member of multiple aliases. Previously if an email is sent to a number of those aliases, you will receive multiple copies of the same mail (one copy for each of those aliases that you are a member of).
The failure to deleted temporary files during WinMail.dat processing and virus scanning will not cause any more bounce backs.
Implemented the feature for the out of office autoreply to only happen once a day or once throughout the whole period that the vacation.
Implemented the VERIFY command. By default this command is disabled. You will need to turn it on ticking the “Support VRFY command” checkbox under the System Settings | SMTP In | SMTP Server page.
Fixed the issue of non-English mails (e.g. Thai, Chinese etc) from Hotmail not appearing correctly in the Webmail.
- POP3 Download:
The issue of POP3 download failing if there is too many concurrent download with an error message for “connection inactive” has been fixed.
- POP3 Download:
If you configured a POP3 download account (under Settings | POP3 Download) and configure to “leave message” on server, MailNow! will now remember which messages it has downloaded and the next time it connects to the POP3 server it will only download the new messages.
- POP3 Download:
Fixed an issue where the number of concurrent download as per specified in the System Settings | POP3 download was not honoured.
The first version of the built-in backup feature is now available. It can be accessed from the WebAdmin (under System Settings | Backup). The current iteration of this feature has the following characteristics:
- You can choose if you want to backup the settings. The settings will always be backed up to C:\MailNowBackup\Users
- You can choose which domain, users and user’s folders that you wish to backup. This can be configured in the “Include List” in the Backup page.
- You can also choose the type of folders that you wish excluded from the backup. This can be configured in the “Exclude List” in the Backup page.
- The data (i.e. emails, contacts) will be backed up to C:\MailNowBackup\Mails
- The backup will not run until you specify a schedule in the Schedule tab in the Backup page.
- Currently 14 rolling backups will be kept. That means after the 14th backup, the 1st backup will be removed. In the future we will allow the rolling number to be user configurable.
- The backup process is limited to 6 hours. If its not completed within 6 hours it will be stopped. This is to ensure that any backups started at 12am will be stopped by 6am since its not a good idea to run the backup during operating hours since its very IO intensive and will slow down the server. In the future we will allow the maximum time to be user configurable.
- Restoration has to be done manually at the moment.