5 Reasons Customer are choosing Sophos for their next firewall
- All-in-One Protection (we mean ONE!)
- On-box Reporting
- We keep it Simple
- We make it Fast
- We’re a trusted industry leader
We Keep it Simple
Sophos UTM’s simple, intuitive user interface (UI) is designed for YOU. It lets you quickly protect your network and users. And it makes day-to-day management tasks easy.
Advanced Threat Protection
Connecting remote offices
We’ve engineered Sophos UTM to deliver outstanding performance. We built our UTM using Intel multi-core technology, solid-state drives, and accelerated in-memory content scanning. Potent, powerful … fast
We offer the latest next-gen firewall protection you need plus features you can’t get anywhere else – including mobile, web, endpoint email encryption and DLP. No extra hardware. No extra cost. Simply choose what you want to deploy.
All the protection you need to stop sophisticated attacks and advanced threats while providing secure network access to those you trust.
- How it Works
- Network Firewall
- Intrusion Prevention System
- Advanced Threat Protection
- Secure VPN Access
- Site-to-site VPN
- Self-Service User Portal
- No one makes firewall rules easier to define and manage than Sophos. Easily define reusable objects that can be updated across the system and all the rules that use them. Shape or manage bandwidth by application or service group with QoS and even block traffic from unwanted countries or regions.
- Fully performance optimized IPS and flood prevention (DoS) provides essential protection from external attacks. Streamline by selecting just the IPS rules you need to protect your infrastructure, customize the signature aging, and even create custom rules.
- Combines multiple technologies like IPS, Web, App control and selective sandbox analysis to provide a layered defense against APTs, command and control traffic and targeted attacks. It’s as simple as flipping a switch and can quickly identify infected hosts on your network before they become a problem.
- Select from a comprehensive range of VPN technologies for secure access including IPSec, SSL, PPTP, L2TP, Cisco VPN (iOS), OpenVPN (iOS and Android) or our unique clientless HTML5 VPN via the user self-help portal which supports RDP, HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, Telnet, and VNC.
- With our optional plug-and-protect RED device add-ons, setting up site-to-site VPN connections couldn’t be easier. It’s truly affordable and amazingly simple. We also support standard SSL and IPsec VPN options as well as an Amazon VPC connector.
- Our secure self-service user portal helps users help themselves, reducing the workload on your help desk. It provides personalized services like quarantine management, email sender whitelist controls, VPN client access, and allows designated admins to manage hotspot vouchers as well. And it supports our simple two-factor authentication to prevent unauthorized access.
Set up, manage and secure wireless networks in just minutes with the UTM’s built-in wireless controller that works with our full range of wireless access points.
- How it Works
- Plug & Play Deployment
- Multiple WiFi Zones
- Reliable High-Speed Wireless
- Mobile NAC
- Guest WiFi Hotspots
- Secure Encryption
- You can set up multiple Sophos Wireless Access Points (APs) within minutes. They require no local configuration and will simply find the UTM, retrieve their IP address via DHCP, import the necessary configuration, and automatically appear in the UTM where you can activate them. Automatic periodic channel scanning ensures your access points are always operating at peak performance.
- Sophos Access Points are ideal for creating multiple separate wireless zones. Configure a wireless network to provide employees access to internal network resources. On the same access point, you can offer wireless guests Internet access. Do it all without compromising the integrity of the internal network.
- Our range of access points support nearly any deployment model you need with support for the latest 802.11ac Wi-Fi standard. Mix and match multiple access points to ensure full coverage and take advantage of bridge and repeater functionality in our dual-band dual-radio AP 50 to extend coverage to hard-to-wire areas of your facility.
- Sophos UTM and Sophos Mobile Control (SMC) work better together to enable easy device configuration and Network Access Control (NAC) for non-compliant devices. The UTM automatically pushes select Wi-Fi and VPN settings to SMC while SMC provides device compliance status to the UTM which can use that information to deny network access to non-compliant devices.
- Full-featured guest hotspots for visitors or BYOD devices enable you to control access to company resources with bandwidth limits and inappropriate content filtering. Support for mobile device registration with SMS vouchers and a full range of customization options allow you to control the user experience and promote your company brand.
- Sophos UTM supports the latest strong encryption and authentication standards such as WPA-2 Enterprise and IEEE 802.1X (RADIUS authentication). Use your existing backend authentication, such as Active Directory, to allow quick and easy access for your users.
Comprehensive protection from the latest web threats and powerful policy tools ensures your users are secure and productive online.
- How it Works
- Web Malware Protection
- URL Filtering Policies
- SafeSearch, YouTube, and Google Apps
- HTTPS Scanning
- Layer-7 Application Control
- Web in Endpoint
- Select from over 35 million sites in 96 categories to create safe web policies to minimize legal concerns around inappropriate content and maximize productivity. Set policies to block, warn or allow sites for individuals or groups, by quota time or time of day with limitless customization options all made intuitively simple.
- We’ve got some features purpose-built for education environments like Safe Search for Google, Yahoo, and Bing, along with YouTube for schools support and anonymizing proxy blocking. We also offer the option to enforce allowed domains for Google Apps as part of any web policy.
- Get the ultimate in flexibility when it comes to scanning encrypted web traffic with options to scan all HTTPS traffic for maximum security, selectively scan HTTPS traffic for a great balance between security and privacy, or choose to only enforce policy (without decryption). And what’s more, HTTPS scanning works the same in explicit proxy mode or transparent mode.
- Control application traffic on your network to effectively manage resource utilization and productivity. Our deep layer-7 inspection can identify over 1300 applications like Facebook, Youtube, IM clients, and much more. You can easily block, allow, or shape network traffic proactively, in real-time using our dynamic flow monitor, or based on reporting trends.
- If you’re using Sophos endpoint to protect your desktops and laptops, you can extend your UTM web protection and policy enforcement to your endpoints so they are fully protected online when they leave the network. Policy updates are pushed to your endpoints automatically and activity data is sent back to the UTM periodically.
Extend protection to your Windows desktops and laptops with anti-virus, device, and web control all managed from your UTM.
- How it Works
- Single console management
- Easy Deployment
- Anti-Virus and Malware Protection
- Device Control
- Web in Endpoint
- With Sophos you can deploy and manage enterprise-class desktop anti-virus right from within your UTM. You get instant visibility of the security status for all Windows computers from the same console where you manage your network protection. You also have access to detailed logs of all events like denied access, and policy tampering.
- Preconfigured installation packages detect and remove your existing antivirus and deploy our self-updating agent. Endpoints automatically register in the UTM. You can also deploy protection via USB stick, email, Active Directory GPO and standard software deployment tools.
- Get the latest protection from modern malware like cryptolockers, Trojans, rootkits, and potentially unwanted applications (PUAs). We stop new threats immediately using a built-in host intrusion prevention systems (HIPS) and Live Anti-Virus real-time lookups to SophosLabs’ reputation database.
- Enables you to control use of removable storage devices, optical media drives and wireless networking protocols like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and infrared. Granular controls with device types regularly updated from SophosLabs allows you to limit USB storage to specific users or groups or only allow certain types of encrypted devices.
- URL policy enforcement, malicious site detection and web malware protection are built right into the Sophos Endpoint so users are fully protected online when they leave the network. Policy updates are pushed to your endpoints automatically and activity data is sent back to the UTM periodically so you can mange their web security and productivity no matter where they happen to be.
Full SMTP and POP message protection from spam, phishing and data loss with our unique all-in-one protection that combines policy-based email encryption with DLP and anti-spam.
- How it Works
- SPX Email Encryption
- Standards-based Encryption
- Data Loss Prevention
- Live Anti-Spam
- Self-Serve Quarantine
- Outlook Add-in
- Our patent-pending SPX Encryption is unique to Sophos and makes it easy to send encrypted emails to anyone – even those without any kind of trust infrastructure. The password based solution doesn’t require any added software or certificates and the recipient can read and file their SPX messages in their preferred email client application just like their regular mail.
- In addition to our unique and easy push-based SPX Encryption, we also support standards-based encryption solutions as well including TLS, OpenPGP, and S/MIME certificate based encryption.
- We make DLP easy but effective by providing hundreds of pre-defined sensitive data types you can easily add to your policy checklist of data you wish to protect. The UTM automatically enforces your DLP policy and encrypts, blocks and/or notifies you in the event any message leaves the organization with this type of data.
- Provides protection from the latest identify theft, banking scams, phishing and other scams by intercepting all email, blocking known bad senders, spam, malware and viruses but also taking advantage of SophosLabs Live cloud-lookups to query suspicious looking message content to determine if it’s part of a new or emerging unwanted email campaign.
- You can give employees direct control over their spam quarantine, saving you time and effort. Employees can manage their own spam whitelist, review, release and delete spam, and find out what happened to messages that were deleted because of a virus or blacklisted. The user portal supports 15 different local languages.
- Allow users to flag their own messages for SPX Encryption right from within Outlook as they compose them or send spam samples from their inbox directly to SophosLabs with our simple Outlook Add-in.
Web Server Protection
Harden your web servers and Microsoft Enterprise Applications against hacking attempts while providing secure access to external users with reverse proxy authentication.
- How it Works
- Web Application Firewall
- Server Hardening
- Reverse Proxy Authentication
- Anti-virus Scanning
- SSL Offloading
- Protects your web servers from tampering and hacking attempts and provides load balancing across a multi-node farm. It secures your web applications against more than 350 attack patterns including SQL injection, cross-site scripting and much more. Also block clients with bad reputation outright.
- Close the door on vulnerabilities in your websites without involving developers. Static URL hardening prevents hackers from manually constructing “deep-links” that lead to unauthorized access. Form hardening ensures malicious scripts and code cannot be entered to exploit your database, and cookie protection makes sure cookies are signed to prevent tampering.
- Our reverse proxy-authentication offloading provides persistent basic or form-based authentication. It adds an extra layer of security to services like Outlook Web Access for Exchange by allowing users to authenticate against our exploit-free reverse proxy. It’s the perfect solution for replacing Microsoft’s discontinued Forefront TMG.
- Setup scanning of all inbound and outbound files to your servers with our dual antivirus agents to keep infected content off your network and ensure you’re not distributing malicious or infected content.
- Relieve your web or application servers from the processing burden of encrypting and decrypting traffic sent via SSL with the UTM’s ability to offload SSL. Setup is easy – it’s as simple as uploading your SSL certificate to the UTM WAF.
Logging & Reporting
Our built-in reporting means you’ll know exactly what’s happening with your users. Fix problems fast and shape your policies, keeping your users secure while boosting network performance. And, you get detailed reports as standard, stored locally with no separate tools required.
- At-a-glance flow graphs show usage trends and web activity
- Our daily summary executive report keeps you informed
- Report anonymization can hide user names where needed
- Built-in Syslog support and automated log backup options