Turn any location into a secure location with our Remote Ethernet Devices (RED)
If you have branch offices, retail locations, remote outposts or otherwise need to extend your secure network easily and affordably beyond your main facility, Sophos Remote Ethernet Devices are the ideal solution. Uniquely simple and imminently affordable, RED provides an elegant solution to building a secure distributed network.
Sophos RED offers you a centrally managed appliance that makes it easy and affordable to connect branch offices back to your headquarters and keep their Internet access secure.
Sophos RED makes extending your secure network to other locations easy. It requires no technical skills at the remote site; simply enter the RED device ID into your UTM and ship it. As soon as it’s plugged in and connected to the Internet, it will contact your UTM and establish a secure dedicated VPN tunnel. It’s that easy.
Set up your RED devices to tunnel all traffic from the remote location back to the UTM, controlling DHCP and other network elements of the remote network. Or you may choose to only route inter-office network traffic via RED, while enabling direct Internet access from the remote location.
Secure encrypted tunnel
All data between the RED and your UTM is encrypted to the strongest AES-256 levels ensuring a tamper- and hack-proof, secure connection. And with our latest SG Series UTM appliances, encryption performance makes this level of protection completely transparent.
Easy centralized management
Since RED is effectively a virtual Ethernet cable connecting your remote locations, centralized management of your distributed network is as easy as managing a single location. You can choose to apply the same firewall, web and other security policies across both local and remote traffic. Or you can create custom policies by location, all from your UTM management console.
- Easily extend your secure network anywhere
- Two models suiting any type of deployment: RED 10 and RED 50
- The strongest AES-256 bit encryption
- Work seamlessly with Sophos Wireless Access Points
- Apply the same protection to all locations or customize it to meet your needs
- Easy maintenance with no licenses and automated updates
- Fast mass roll out, up to 100 appliances per day
- No local IT knowledge required at the remote site
- Reduce total cost of ownership (TCO) by more than 80%
- No maintenance and no recurring costs for branch offices
- Strong UTM security
- Only one global security policy required
- Extend wireless coverage throughout the company by adding Sophos Access Points