Existing users of MailNow! may download the latest update below.
Full installer with required prerequisites and virus pattern. Suitable for first time installation or upgrading from MailNow! 4 or older. No separate download for prerequisites needed.
Compact installer without prerequisites and virus pattern. Suitable for upgrading from existing versions of MailNow! 5. Any missing prerequisites are only downloaded when needed.
- POP3 Download: Implemented an extended MSG-ID checking for virtual POP3 download. Previously we had an option to check for mails with the same MSG-ID in one single POP3 download session. This is very useful if you are using virtual POP3 since multiple copies of the same email could exist in the POP3 account that you are downloading from. This would normally result in duplicate mails without the MSG-ID checking feature. However the MSG-IDs remembered were restricted to just one single POP3 download session. So if the duplicate mail is separated over multiple downloads (e.g. if they came in 10, 15 minutes apart), then they would not be recognised as duplicates. This new feature will remember the MSG-IDs for much longer (the last 10000 MSG-IDs for each POP3 account).
- Delivery: Previously we would not accept mails with apostrophe around it e.g. ‘test@.’. In fact such mails will be redirected back out to the Internet. Now we will automatically remove the enclosing apostrophes.
- Whitelist/Blacklist: Implemented a new precedence for the whitelist and blacklist. Whitelist always has higher priority than blacklist to ensure that the admin can specify rules like (block *@gmail.com but allow ilyas@.). We have also updated the manual to illustrate the precedence in detail.
- POP3: Enhanced the POP3 download logging to include information why certain number of mails are downloading (e.g. maybe they have been downloaded before and this POP3 account is configured to leave message on server).
- Message rules: Fixed an issue with the message rules whereby if the pre-delivery admin-defined message rules have been executed, then the post-delivery admin-defined message rules will not be executed. An example of this problem is when you defined system-wide message rule to move a mail (a post-delivery message rule) that contains a specific string in the header to a specific folder. If the mail is CC’ed to a few people in the company, then the first recipient will have the mail moved to the folder but the subsequent one might not.
- POP3 Download: Fixed a rare Null exception bug.
- Directory: We are now honouring the SMTP queue and Log files directories specified during the installation wizard. Previously the 2 folders were hardcoded to the subdirectories “SMTPQueue” and “Logs” in the MailNow! installation directory. Note that if you want to change the directories after the configuration, you will need to manually modify the <MailNow>/users/Settings.xml file. Change the the following paths in the file:
<Name>SMTP Server Spool Path</Name>
<Name>Logging Logs Path</Name>
- Webmail: Fixed the issue where you might fail to attach attachments when you are composing a new mail. This normally would happen if your Internet connection is slow or you are using Mac OS. However we had to disable the feature to automatically auto-save to draft to fix this issue. So for the time being this feature will be disabled.